Friday, February 23, 2007

Désanne van Brederode



I almost feel guilty, here on Clogwork between all these cartoonists. I have to confess I have a secret desire to one day do a comic strip too. I know exactly how I would want it to look, but boy, it would be much work. Désanne van Brederode (visit my personal blog to see her in today's newspaper) could be one of the characters. And the author I drew yesterday could be in it too. Now all I need is a story. Looking at the two of them, that would be the easy part.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great again Eliane. I like how you've managed to create a caricature and still maintain a certain attractiveness of the portrayed girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too, you have found a way to blend carricature and realism into a visual handwrinting that does not look 'odd' like one would expect when blending carricature en realism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I like to think I do something in between caricature and portrait. I don't even know how to do these wildly exaggerated caricatures you see everywhere, I always look at them in awe. Those artists seem to have a recipe for dissecting faces. I can't do that, I have to invent the wheel over and over again. Which is especially hard in (beautiful) women. You have to flatter women more than men, it's tragic but true. And there are lots of things about this drawing I don't like, but in the end changing anything at all made the likeness go away.

    ReplyDelete