Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bugged

Another shield-shaped drawing, made for a CD with music by the Bugs, an Amsterdam punkband that played a lot of support-acts in rock-venue Paradiso around the year 1980. I was sent two photo's of the band to portray, both equally unfit for use. Knowing they had a girl on bass , a drummer with a tie and a singer with peroxide hair I came up with actual bugs sporting these features.
This weekend I was invited to the CD-presentation and a comeback-gig, in the Paradiso-basement. I went. I shook my head some. Shook some hands from the past, too.
My drawing was nowhere to be found in the inlay. Due to a misunderstanding about me (or their friend, the one that commissioned me to make the thing ) wanting the front-cover or nothing?!
What can I say? Fuck the buggers.
So: here for your eyes exclusively: my CD-coverdrawing ...

4 comments:

  1. Te gek Peter! Paradiso is ook instantly recognizable, top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fuck the buggers, ik kan slechts dromen over de keer dat Peter Pontiac mijn bands album cover gaat maken 8p

    PS Peter; nogmaals bedankt voor de mooie button die je tijdens Lowlands voorme hebt gemaakt, en ons praatje na Public Enemy;)

    Rock on Pete!
    Peace

    ReplyDelete